I love lists.
They spark memories, make me hunt down old photos, take new ones, and dream. I have so many notebooks full of ideas, "list your life" books -- all sorts of things like that. So today's list is just a few awesome things I've found -- some sweet, some hilarious, all pretty darned wonderful, in my opinion.
The Awesome List
1. Doing the unexpected. Wouldn't it be fun if you could get your group of co-workers to spend one day entering every door in this way? Work should be fun. Unless you work at a law firm. Then this might be frowned upon as you enter the court room.
|Hooray for 80's videos!|
2. Cool cars. Zack has gotten me all worked up about cars since he was little. This car, which I would have given my eye teeth for when I saw it the other night on a Las Vegas auction floor on TV, about killed me because if I still had my old job, I could have bought it. Insured it, probably not, but no roof, no worries.
What's your dream car?
When have you had this much fun in the water? Time to change that!
4. Playing games. We are indeed a game-playing family. We own every single edition of Trivial Pursuit (other than the specialized ones like Disney, etc), but nothing quite beats Zack and I playing Monopoly Deal. That stinker skunks me nine times out of ten. I LOVE his laugh when he wins.
When's the last time you played a game?
5. Random cool collections. This is one little portion of my office bookshelf. A vintage blue Mason jar, an upcycled Mason jar, two handmade boxes (one containing all the charms I collected during a Charm Swap group I once belonged to), a cream extractor (say what? you say) that goes with the massive collection of old milk bottles I own, a pink cinnamon spice box (because yep, it was pink), my grandmother's box of pins and thimbles in a pastilles box, an aspirin tin from who knows when, and two faux blue bird eggs. Oh yes, the silver box. That used to hold Dean & Deluca spices, but now it holds my personal button collection, the REALLY cool things I don't want to lose.
What do you collect?
6. And last but not least BOOKS. OMG. Books books books. Old, new, autographed, creased up, on a Kindle, I don't care. I love books, as you can see if you click that link! I read between 70 to 100 a year and I only read at night before bed. I'm so glad I'm teaching my son to love them, too. Rick loves books as well, but he listens to audio books, something I just can't manage. I have to SEE the words, not hear them, to really comprehend what's going on.
What's your favorite book?
|Part of my library. And there are bookshelves in almost every room in the house. |
This goes wall to wall, floor to nearly ceiling.
I hope you enjoyed the list, and it got you thinking!
Lori Anderson creates jewelry and bead kits as well as collaborative mixed media art with her son, Zack. Visit her shops by clicking on the right side bar of this blog (please and thank you!). She is also the creator of the Bead Soup Blog Party® and author of the book "Bead Soup" via Kalmbach Publishing.