But there are some things to catch up on, so in no particular order:
1. Today is Zack's last day of 4th grade and even though he severely objected to my fashion decision to tie my hair back with a scarf, he allowed me to take our photo. That black thing on the right side of the right photo? Not my sleeve. Nope, that's a cast.
2. A cast, because the kidlet broke his arm attempting to catch a soccer ball in the goal. Fortunately, it's a minor fracture and will heal in 3-4 weeks. Fortunately, the orthopedic doctor agreed that a hard cast was not cool, literally or figuratively, so he has a brace that can be taken off for baths. *I* was never so lucky when *I* broke one of five bones over the years, but then, I made up for it by sticking Swarovski crystals all over my hot pink cast several years ago.
3. I'm still trying to figure out life with rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, and now, fibromyalgia, which my doctor said I ALSO most certainly have. I'm also getting used to an additional drug that is a chemotherapy drug and yes I did freak out all the way home about that. Thankfully, Facebook has yet again saved me with hooking me up with like-minded people, and after a phone call to a fellow beader on the same regimen, I'm calmer. I'm likely to feel sick, and I'm likely to lose some hair, BUT I'm getting extensions in a few weeks anyway so phht to that.
4. In between bed, bed, doctors, and bed, I managed to spend a weekend with my friend Kelley and attended a local bead show. Took it slow, but it was nice to be around sparkly, inspiring things, and the company was wonderful.
5. Speaking of beads, after nearly ten years in the business and I don't know how many tutorials I've had published in beading magazines, books, and calendars, I finally had one of my pieces chosen for the COVER. I completely freaked out (in the good way) when the Easy Wire 2013 magazine showed up! I actually cried, but I cry at the drop of a hat these days. Good tears are nice tears.
6. I am woefully behind in getting the Bead Soup contest winnings out, but I'm getting help this weekend and hope like heck that will get done. Not my usual modus operandi, where I get things done days before they're due, but I'm just lucky I can make it to the shower. I'm pretty sure you understand.
7. Found this on Pinterest, and man oh day, but I hope it's true, and I hope the "up to something" is of the good sort. I shall choose to think that way, regardless.
And that's about all I have time for! Thanks for reading, and hug your loved ones (really, really hard).
(powered by pie)
Lori Anderson creates jewelry and bead kits as well as collaborative mixed media art with her son, Zack. Visit her shops by clicking here. She is also the creator of the Bead Soup Blog Party® and author of the book Bead Soup.