1) At various times of my life, I've wanted to be an anthropologist, an artist, an author, and an archaeologist. I apparently am fond of the letter A.
2) At this very moment, I have braces on my lower teeth. Yes, I've taken a right turn at age 11 with a pit stop at "no, you canNOT have gum".
3) When I hear certain music, I choreograph videos in my head. Seriously -- very detailed music videos. This video is an idea of how my mind thinks:
4) I was on the Debate Team in high school. This shouldn't surprise anyone who really knows me.
5) I know how to swim, but I'm still afraid to jump off the side of the pool or off the diving board.
6) I've been to South/North Korea's DMZ. One of the more sobering, freaky trips I've ever taken.
|my photo from 1990|
7) I have NO sense of direction. Not just while driving, but while in a store. When Rick and I went antiquing in a large antique mall last weekend, he was constantly saying, "No, honey, THIS way." And I can't read a map, either. Needless to say, I did not attend Survival School while in the military, or I'd still be there.
8) I'd rather repeat my four years in the Air Force than repeat the four years in college. College was hugely difficult -- not just because I took every science class available, but because I was completely alone and financing everything with a credit card. Not fun. Which leads to...
9) I regularly have dreams that I've forgotten to show up for classes EXCEPT for the last class and final exam. No diploma for YOU!
10) I have two tattoos and my belly button used to be pierced. I'm contemplating a third tattoo for my 50th birthday, but that's eight years away.
11) I am completely incapable of littering. I can't even wrap my mind around what would make a person do such a thing.
12) I can't just sit and watch a movie or a TV show. I have to be doing something else, like knitting or answering email or making something. I don't think this will surprise anybody.
13) I hope to live to at least 88 years old. I have no idea why the number 88 is a magic number, but it's stuck in my head as the sell-by date.
14) I can't stand being late. I live five minutes from my son's school and still get there for pick-up 30 minutes early. Again, this is probably no surprise to anyone.
15) I like to stay up late and sleep in. I spend hours on weekend nights reading, to the point that I often have a bruise on the inside of my arm from holding heavy books.
16) I learned to read when I was three, but I couldn't tie my shoes or use scissors until well after Kindergarten.
17) I am NOT an outdoorsy type of girl (or a beachy kind of girl) but I would love to live on a river. Boating to me does not equal "outdoorsy" for some reason.
18) I didn't own a radio until I was thirteen.
19) I was a stepmother to teenagers before I became a mom to a baby. So the only thing I've missed experiencing is the adolescent "tween" years. And I hate the word "tween".
20) My first car was a stick-shift, yet I had no idea how to drive it. I learned how on the way home. Poor car.
|Source -- My first car was like this, an awful orange Honda CVCC. It burned oil and smoked like a dragon.|
21) I iron virtually everything I wear, including t-shirts.
22) I'm very snobby about sheets. Once you go 600-700 thread count, you can't go back.
23) However, I don't like cushy towels. I can't get them to wrap around my head and hair if they're too thick and fluffy!
24) I LOVE thunder storms when I'm tucked up in bed. To me, that's an awesome treat.
25) I absolutely love all of you, but that, I think you probably already know.
Lori Anderson creates jewelry for her web site, Lori Anderson Designs, and wrote the blog An Artist's Year Off. She's also a contributor to Art Bead Scene and is the creator of the Bead Soup Blog Party.