Book Review: "1984" by George Orwell
DIY Tutorials: Polymer Clay Buttons with Mallory Hoffman
Quote of the Day: Perfection Isn't All It's Cracked Up to Be
It's been a rough couple of days. Actually, longer than that, when I think about it. I thought about writing about it but when I did, it rambled and made no sense to anyone but myself and the last thing I want to do is come off sounding like that odd yet mostly harmless coot down the street who mumbles to herself when she's grocery shopping for cat food.
So let me try to explain it in bullet points, as if I were giving one of those boring PowerPoint presentations I used to have to give Back in the Day. You know the ones, where people's eyes glazed over and all you could think about was the box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts sitting in the break room and whether there would still be one when the presentation was over.
No donuts at the end, but pretty pictures -- so hang with me, m'k?
Venting Rant by Lori
* I have disks in my back that are pinching nerves and I can't get comfortable no matter whether I sit, stand, lie down, or do cartwheels. Cranky? Oh heck to the YES am I cranky.
* Both Zack and I have been suffering from "What do you want to do? I don't know, what do YOU want to do?" and it's making us both -- you guessed it -- cranky.
* I'm completely stressing out over the sheer amount of work I have in front of me. It's like trying to eat an elephant -- you start with one bite and keep on eating. Yet there's always a lot more elephant in front of you.
* My office and bead table are a DISASTER AREA. Level Five. Wear Hazmat suits. Declare a State of Emergency and call in the National Guard. I get twitchy when things are cluttered. Twitchy and cranky do NOT go well together.
* Have you ever had a nightmare about a nightmare? I had two this week. Interesting to write about now, but holy heck -- that was a bad weekend full of crazy.
* I have 798 blog posts waiting to be read in my Reader and I feel so incredibly guilty when I don't comment on your blogs! You have no idea how badly I feel about that.
* I'm having a bad hair week.
All right, I think that should do it.
Makes for a boring blog post, but it is what it is.
And now for the promised beautiful pictures, all found via Pinterest. Thanks for letting me vent, and tomorrow is another day.
A gorgeous studio
with an awesome typewriter.
An inspiration to clean my desk off.
An inspiration to drag mine out
so I can sort them with Zack.
A dream bathroom.
I already have the tub (in white).
Will be heading there after I post this.
A lady I consider incredibly beautiful.
I hope my hair grays like hers.
Book arch in France (I think).
I'd probably want the book on the bottom left.
Hope the photos
were worth the rant!
Lori Anderson creates jewelry for her web site, Lori Anderson Designs, and wrote the blog An Artist's Year Off. She's also a contributor to Art Bead Scene. She is also the creator of the Bead Soup Blog Party.