Beader Bubbe awarded me the "Stylish Blogger Award" and I'm honored! Honored, and then woooooah nelly -- watch out. Because I'm supposed to reveal five secrets about myself.
Hmm. Not that one. Or that one. Oh my, DEFINITELY not that one.
OK, here goes.
1. I wish, wish, wish I were an author. Not just any author, but a New York Times Best Selling Author. Of what? A bit of this, and a bit of that, kind of like my jewelry -- never typecast. And I am secretly writing a book but doubt I could ever publish it unless it was under the name "Anonymous".
2. I cry at happy endings. Embarrassingly so. Not just a little tear, but I really CRY. Like when I first saw this video? Cried my darned eyes out. So I watched it again. Cried some more. And then "The Office" reprised it and I cried AGAIN!
3. Sometimes I need to run away from my desk that is overflowing and the responsibilities that are piled up and I go for a drive. Just me, loud music, and coffee. After that, I can come back with the cobwebs blown out of my brain and I can focus again. And this happens more often than not.
4. I miss the days of big hair.
|(yes, that's me at age 20)|
5. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I'd taken that other road, that road that would have kept me in California after I got out of the military. What would have happened? What would I be doing now? Would I still be a jewelry artist? Would I be me?
There are so many paths we can take in life. Choose one. See where it takes you. Even if you choose the wrong one, you can make it your own. Cry at happy endings. Write books in secret. Drive down empty roads. Even tease your hair up big and prance down the road. But make your life your own.
Lori Anderson creates jewelry for her web site, Lori Anderson Designs, and writes the blog An Artist's Year Off. She's also a contributor to Art Bead Scene.