Saturday, October 10, 2009
Seven Things You Don't Know About Me
I just received the Kreative Blogger award/meme from Dustjacket Attic, and I'm supposed to share seven things with you that you don't already know about me, and then honor seven other bloggers with the award. I know that some of my readers don't like to get these memes and it would be hard for me to pick just who to give it to (I read a lot of awesome blogs!) so I'll hope that a lot of you will snag the award and give me something cool to read about you next time I visit your little spot in cyberspace.
So here are the seven things you may not have known about me:
1) While enlisted in the Air Force, I considered applying to the Air Force Academy, but decided against it because I realized I loved my job as a linguist, and didn't want to be an officer WATCHING people do their jobs as a linguist.
2) I can't stand mushrooms.
3) I was the Color Guard Captain in my high school marching band. That meant I flipped a flag around in fancy formations. Geeky, I guess, but I sure did love it.
4) I've broken a leg three times and an arm twice. I broke my first leg when I was nine months old and another leg while in Basic Training. The third one was a few years ago, and I put Swarovski crystals all over it.
5) I lived in South America for three months on a missionary base when I was 11. It was literally out in the middle of the rain forest of Columbia, and it was one of the coolest experiences of my life.
6) I learned to read when I was three. And now, to me heaven is a huge library.
7) I've never drunk grape juice since Kindergarten after an, um, unfortunate incident with it. Ditto orange juice.
And I'm going to put in a #8 that you may not know, but need to know...
8) I appreciate each and every one of you who take the time to read my blog, and you have no idea how happy it makes me when you post a comment. It warms my heart and makes my day.