I got tagged today with this new meme that I've not seen before, called "99 Things". Here's how it goes:
Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2.. Slept under the stars. (Under duress, as I despiiiiiiise camping.)
3. Played in a band - or musical.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower. (See #2 -- the meteor shower was the only saving grace.)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland. Waiting to go with my best friend and her kids.
8. Climbed a mountain. (Another duress moment).
9. Held a praying mantis. (WTH?)
10. Sang a solo. (No, and you don't want me to, unless it's of the "solo"-I-can't-hear-you variety).
11. Bungee jumped (No. No. No. And more No.)
12. Visited Paris. (no, but a number of other European countries. Oddly, France is not on my list of must-sees.)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. (Water + electricity = fried in my book)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (nearly every art/craft I've learned from scratch)
15. Adopted a child. (We almost did, then Zack came along).
16. Had food poisoning. (Monterey, CA. El Toritos restaurant. Bad sour scream. Never again.)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (I saw it right after 9/11, and it was, of course, closed to the public.)
18. Grown your own vegetables. (Yes. See my post about the 42 tomato plants).
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. (See #12).
20. Slept on an overnight train. (No, but slept on a day-train through Italy -- does that count?)
21. Had a pillow fight.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (Some days were just made for staying in bed.)
24. Built a snow fort. (We never get enough snow, but rather, ice.)
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping. (Not. Tellin'.)
27. Run a Marathon. (Good lord, I get bored after 30 minutes on the elliptical! But Rick has run five. Which is why he's getting his second knee surgery in two weeks.)
28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice. (No, dammit. But I've sat in St. Mark's Square and eaten lunch, and gotten lost in all those streets.)
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run. (You've got to be kidding me. I was the kid that when I came to bat, the coach yelled, "MOVE UP!" to the rest of the team.)
32. Been on a cruise. (I think I'd go stir crazy on a cruise. But would like to take a short one to see the glaciers around Alaska.)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. (Meh. I don't know why this has no interest to me.)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (Well, depends on how far back you want me to go.)
35. Seen an Amish community. (Rick's family lives near them, and one family actually lives on their farm complex.)
36. Taught yourself a new language. (I know four, so they all get muddled together now.)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (When I no longer had to look at the prices of food in the grocery store, that was when I knew I was just fine.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. (See "bungee jumping".)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.
41. Sung karaoke. (See #10)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (Why?)
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. (Well, not in the restaurant, but I've bought I don't know how many cups of coffee and food for homeless people. That's actually one of Zack's "things" that he likes to do, the sweet thing.)
44. Visited Africa. (I doubt this will ever happen, but I can hope.)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. (The best time to go, IMHO.)
46. Been transported in an ambulance. (I don't remember it, though.)
47. Had your portrait painted. (Who would want to do that?)
48. Gone deep sea fishing. (I don't know if I'm prone to seasickness, but don't want to find out.)
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. (But have seen St. Mark's Cathedral).
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. (What's with all the France questions?)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. (Um. No.)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. (As a kid -- we saw "Gentle Ben".)
55. Been in a movie. (Been on TV, though.)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. (One of the top ten things I want to do.)
57. Started a business. (http://www.lorianderson.net/)
58. Taken a martial arts class. (Might take one with Zack.)
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. (No, but sent in a mega-ton of food for one.)
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. (ATE my fair share.)
62. Gone whale watching. (See #48)
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - (My veins are so small, and so hard to get anything out of, that I've been politely asked to not come again. )
65. Gone sky diving. (You've got to be kidding.)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. (I studied a lot about this time period in college. I've been to the Holocaust Museum in DC, and it was sobering. Good to not forget about that happening.)
67. Bounced a check. (Woops, so much for an 18-year old with a checkbook.)
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (A doll my Dad gave me.)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. (Only an hour from here!)
71. Eaten Caviar (Blech.)
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square. (A trip to NYC was a present to me from my hubby once.)
74. Toured the Everglades. (Gators. Mosquitos. Um. Maybe another time? Or if David Caruso took me on that cool air boat thing?)
75. Been fired from a job. (I think laid off twice in one year more than counts.)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone. (Leg, three times, wrist, twice, toe, once. The toe hurt the most.)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (As a passenger, on a Harley, at night, down the straightest road in Texas I've ever seen.)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. (Saw it from an airplane, though.)
80. Published a book. (Been IN a book, will be in another next year, and am currently writing one.)
81. Visited the Vatican. (But I want to see the stuff they don't show the tourists.)
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. (One of my grandmothers did, though.)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. (No, but was quoted in one.)
85. Read the entire Bible. (Twice.)
86. Visited the White House. (I live near it, but don't really care to see it.)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (More and more, I'm off meat. But it's hard to pass up bacon.)
88. Had chickenpox. (Surprisingly, no.)
89. Saved someone’s life. (Tried to, but no amount of CPR was bringing him back. Very sad.)
90. Sat on a jury. (Heh. Got excused from a murder trial due to a panic attack last month.)
91. Met someone famous. (Dave Matthews -- he has long eyelashes. Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer at a Microsoft convention. Steve Ballmer is hilarious when teaching a class.)
92. Joined a book club. (http://www.goodreads.com/ is great for that, and I ran a book club session once in person.)
93. Lost a loved one. (Recently.)
94. Had a baby. (Zack is a miracle.)
95. Seen the Alamo in person. (Not fond of Texas, although I was stationed there once.)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. (No, but considered filing one.)
98. Owned a cell phone. (From back when they looked like a brick.)
99. Been stung by a bee. (Yep. Found out I was allergic.)
So if you have a blog and want to do this list, leave a comment so I can take a look!