This was my day today. It's kind of typical, too. Something has to give, starting, um, Thursday if I can help it.
1) Wake up at 7:30. Let Zack sleep until 8:10, which was a big honking mistake, as we need to be out the door at 8:30. Decide to start getting up at 7am from now on.
2) Drive Zack to school.
3) I have an hour to waste until volunteer time, so spend it running errands at Target, etc.
4) Go back to the school to volunteer in Zack's class.
5) Get done at his class, have to waste about 30 minutes until my next appointment, so go to my OTHER class I volunteer in and get some work done.
6) Go to the gym to practice aerobics routines. Spend 30 minutes cursing the two CD players that REFUSE to play a sound. Try everything to no avail. Stomp out of the gym.
7) Run home to give the cat his insulin shot and fire off an email to the aerobics director for help.
8) Run BACK to Zack's school to finish a volunteer task, well-armed with Starbucks via drive-through.
(By the way, did you know that even though school lets out at 3:50, if I'm not parked in the circle by 2:45, I will be waiting three blocks down the road to get him???? But that's an entirely different blog entry.)
9) Pick up Zack, race home to get his homework done, a snack into him, into swim gear, and then off to swim lessons (which thank you thank you, my husband took him today).
10) While everyone is gone, do I have time to make jewelry? Oh, I should. But I spend nearly 40 minutes on the phone with the "official" swim wear provider, trying to get all of Zack's equipment ordered.
11) Dinner. In front of the computer, naturally.
12) Make one pair of earrings. Post two pieces on the web site.
13) Rick gets Zack in the tub, dressed for bed, and we all read stories.
13) Get a phone call from my doctor telling me I have spine trouble (likely from my JOB) -- what the hell is disc dessication? Oh yeah, that means I'm getting old. He recommends yoga.
So I ask. Where the heck do I fit yoga in?????