Lordy. I just got done mailing out postcards for an upcoming show, the Neptune Festival. It took forever! Why is it that administrative tasks are such a time suck?
1. Create and print out labels with the show info on them.
2. Print out 300+ address labels for the demographic area.
3. Print out discount coupon stickers.
4. Stick all three stickers and a stamp on each of 300+ postcards (that is a HUGE stack).
5. Visit the post office in the middle of this operation to drop another $55 on stamps.
And that's just for one show. There is so much more going on in this business than making the pretties. There are the shopping trips (most two hours away), the time spent entering invoices, printing postage, entering receipts, paying sales tax to four states (each with a different payment date), ordering supplies (boxes, ribbons, organza bags, business cards, labels, shopping bags, etc), updating the web site, updating software, etc etc.
However, that's not a complaint. I love my job, love that I can do something I truly love and make money at it, love that I'm my own boss.
But if you'd like to come by and help me stick on stamps for the next mailing.......